Polypropylene is the perfect material that meets our standards for top quality.
Polypropylene has been in existence for many years. As a beekeeping tool in Europe it has a service history of 30 years. It is chemically inert, will not corrode and is not affected by high or low pH or seaside (saltwater ) environments. Polypropylene‘s physical and chemical properties have been extensively documented and will last for a period in excess of 25 years.
- Very durable with high impact resistance.
- Highly resistant to acids and alkaline.
- Non absorbent (hydrophobic) to vapour and water.
- Zero maintenance: No paint, nails, glue or any kind of repairs ever needed.
- No invasive pests can live or hide on the surface of Polypropylene.
- Any parts in contact with disease can be washed thoroughly with a Hot Water Blaster and sterilised with a Sodium Hypochlorite solution.
- Excellent thermal insulating characteristics.
- Documented durability for two decades in all weather extremes.
- Highly resistant to fungus/mildew.
- Food safe.
- Superior overwintering properties.